Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Thank You

This note was written to our staff from one of the homeowners we worked with this week:

Dear Pastor Faig,

My name is Mary and I live in Lumberton, North Carolina. This past week I was blessed by the hard work of the youth of Gayton Baptist Church and the adult volunteers that traveled to Robeson County. Adult members of your team arrived at my house on Saturday to begin prep work on my home. It was in need of removal of rotten wood, pressure washing, and painting. The youth arrived at my home on Monday and not only did this group work hard at this project, they also painted 2 bathrooms and as a real challenge several of the girls as well as Ann volunteered to clean up what I would call a “disaster room”. The energy, enthusiasm, dedication and love that all of the members of this group (adult and youth) showed to me was a true reflection of God’s love.

I would like to thank each adult volunteer and the youth for all that they did for me. I would also like to thank members of the church for their support of the youth program. Your church has a lot of young men and women to be proud of. May God continue to bless each one of them.

In Christ love,
Mary and Asher

No comments: